I still have a lot to learn, which is why I’m looking at Year 1 as my beta or soft launch year. Come this October, I’m kicking into high gear with the hard launch (relaunch). I’m determined to share this work with the world, and, for the first time, I can say I believe in my writing.
I’m so grateful to have gotten wonderful reviews from readers and editorial outlets. I just finished my 7th rewrite for the sequel book and am getting ready to send it to a professional editor. I now have my own publishing company.
And even though this is one of the hardest things I’ve ever done, I’m beyond ecstatic to have taken this leap of faith into fiction writing.
Are you pursuing your passion? Today is all we have, so I hope you’ll join me in living your dream. To all the entrepreneurs out there, I salute you!
In Case You Missed It
- If you’re wondering why I think every author should look at their first year as a beta launch, and schedule a hard launch one year in, read my previous article “Why I’m Hard Launching My Book A Year After Publication.”
As I mentioned above, I’ve just finished the seventh rewrite and have hired a professional editor for my next book (the 2nd in the Rock Gods series), so I’m hoping I’ll start having more time soon to connect with you all. Wherever you are, I hope your days are filled with joy and fun. To the beauty of the fall!
Stay in Touch
If you’d like to stay in touch, please do!
- Feel free to share this newsletter with anyone. They can also sign up for the email list to receive future issues.
- If you’re Facebook-friendly, please follow and like my Facebook author page.
- If you can’t get enough of my writing, please subscribe to my Substack Diane Discovers. (free and optional paid).
- Patreon – Because why not one more thing….
- I have a Medium account if you’re a member. But please follow me there if you’re a Medium person.
- Instagram – @dianehatz.author
- Twitter or should I call it X?? – @dianehatz (I don’t use it much anymore though).